There are no vacancies at present. Please check back later.
Applying for a Position with Council
All employment applications must be submitted online.
Click on an individual vacancy which will open a new window into the position details and application form.
Prior to applying you should read through the Position Description attached to the position details online to ensure you understand the requirements of the position advertised.
There is no need to prepare a statement addressing the selection criteria, just answer the questions on the application page. Answer the questions clearly and directly, referring to your previous knowledge and experience.
At the end of the online application process you must attach a copy of your resume. You can also attach any other documents relevant to your application.
Please note that you cannot save your application. If you want to work on your application over a period of time, it is suggested that you formulate your responses into a Word (or similar) document and then copy and paste once you are satisfied with your responses.
You will be notified via email of the status of your application.
Completed applications must be received before 4.00pm on the advertised closing date. All applications received will become the property of Cowra Council.
Please contact Cowra Council’s Human Resources (02) 6340 2031 or (02) 6340 2101 if you need further information and assistance.
I don't have access to a computer
The following venues allow public access to computers which have internet and word processing applications available:
- Cowra Library, Darling Street provides public access computers with word processing and internet. (Please note that Library staff are unable to provide assistance in completing job applications)
- Local Employment Agencies - Skillset, Verto & Octec as well as the Cowra Information & Neighbourhood Centre have facilities that may also be able to assist you with your application.
I don't have an email address
You will need to establish your new email account before you can register through our eRecruitment portal. If you are not confident you can complete this process, we recommend you ask a friend or family member to assist.
Working at Council
Excellent Conditions of Employment
Cowra Council values its employees and strives to maintain quality working conditions, which currently include:
- 15 paid sick days per year
- 4 weeks annual leave per year
- Parental Leave
- 9 Day Fortnight for fulltime employees
- Salary sacrifice for superannuation
- Fully maintained / leaseback vehicle arrangements available to specific positions
- Learning and development opportunities including study leave and reimbursement of fees
- Long service leave is available after 5 years
- Relocation assistance available to new employees transferring to Cowra from another centre
Study & Professional Development
- Career Progression Planning
- Professional Development and opportunities to act in other positions
- Financial assistance for approved undergraduate/postgraduate courses of study
- Opportunities to gain recruitment experience by assisting on staff selection panels
- Corporate Uniform allowance (indoor staff)
- All PPE and uniform requirements (outdoor staff)
- Free counselling service for all employees and their families
Commitment to Compliance
With our people as our strength, we take their health, safety and welfare seriously. Promoting a strong safety culture, we are able to show our commitment to Work Health & Safety (WHS) principles by the existence of a workplace Health & Safety Committee, regular education and training in preventative action against injuries, accidents and hazards; drills in fire evacuation and emergency procedures; and a employee assistance program providing professional counselling for personal and work related concerns.
We are also committed to maintaining a reputation of responsibility, integrity and fair dealing, with an expectation that staff conduct themselves in a manner that demonstrates impeccable ethical standards. At all times employees are expected to be honest, fair and non-discriminatory in their dealings with other employees, customers, suppliers and the public, treating all people with courtesy and sensitivity.